Thank you for your interest in the Riordan Scholars Program for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Please fill out the following application to the best of your ability and make sure that all of your information is correct before continuing. At the end of the application, you will have the opportunity to review your information before submission and/or save your information as you go. Your online application is not considered complete until you have finished all sections.
The following is a checklist of what needs to be submitted with your application:
- Applicant Background
- Academic Information
- Parent Information and Background
- Activities and Work Experience
- 2 Required Essays; 1 Optional Essay
- Riordan Scholar Mentee Profile
- 1 Academic or Community Reference Contact
- Academic Reference Contact: Can be a teacher or counselor who can assess your academic work.
- Community Reference Contact: Should be an employer, coach, community official or minister (not a relative or family friend) who can comment on your personal attributes and involvement in the community.
The Riordan Scholars Program is an academic-year commitment (September 2019-May 2020) that consists of monthly Saturday sessions at UCLA Anderson School of Management. Each session will tentatively begin at 8:30AM and will end at 4:15PM. If you foresee an issue with attendance, please take this into consideration before moving forward with your application. Below are the tentative session dates:
2019 - 2020 Session Dates
Orientation-September 14, 2019
Session #1-October 12, 2019
Session #2-November 9, 2019
Session #3-December 14, 2019
Session #4-January 25, 2020
Session #5-February 15, 2020
Session #6-March 21, 2020
Session #7-April 18, 2020
Session #8-May 2, 2020
2019 - 2020 SAT Prep Session Dates*
*SAT Prep is mandatory for 10th and 11th grade students.
SAT Practice Test #1-September 28, 2019
SAT Bootcamp #1-November 16, 2019
SAT Bootcamp #2-February 1, 2020
SAT Practice Test #2-April 4, 2020
Applications are due by 11:59 PM on Friday, May 10, 2019.
*All applicants will be notified of admission standing by Friday, August 2, 2019*